Thursday, September 08, 2005

Keyboard layout creator

Have any of you wished their keyboard layout were different? Like the position of the “A” was somewhere else, or wonder what it would be like using Dvorak Keyboard layout. Well I have found that Microsoft offers a free software that allows you to do that. It’s called Miscrosoft Keyboard layout creator. I downloaded it and started to “improve” on the default keyboard layout. It is also possible to reposition keys of a keyboard by removing it and putting it elsewhere.

I did change the location of some keys to experiment. I had to give up the experiment because not only my mind does not like the idea of having to press at a different place for a character. It made typing very slow, but worse of all it also gave me pain in my wrist, and a headache.

No comments: