Monday, September 12, 2005

What happened since Friday until now

Last Friday, our project manager organised lunch at a restaurant. I had to choose something from the menu. Well, I was not going to have a salad, again. I chose grill chicken with so and so. What I end up having was some Macaroni pasta with small bits of chicken and white sauce and some herbs. The chicken tasted more like roast chicken rather than grilled chicken. I could have made the same at home by buying a roast chicken, a pot of pasta sauce, and pasta at the supermarket.

I fixed the air flow through the door problem by installing draught excluders. Coming from a tropical country I did not know what those were. Any way I know now. I borrowed a book called “Maintaining your home” from the library. I have got to start buying some basic tools now.

Yesterday I watched “Oil Storm” and found it was very interesting. Well, the US said they are not going to sign any agreement on the reduction of Carbon dioxide because they need to put the economy of their country first. I don’t see how the figures of their economy is going to add up if their country is going to be hit more than once by super strong hurricanes every year from now on.

Kerry Emanuel, an expert at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has tracked hurricanes over five decades and found that they are getting stronger and lasting longer.

Finally, I am doing my bit in beating the petrol price rise. I went to work on my bicycle this morning. The weather was great and it took me 35 min to ride 10km.

No comments: