Monday, August 08, 2005

Brick veneer house

The real estate agent said: brick veneer that’s how all houses should be for Perth weather. Some brick company convinced us double brick is better just to make us use more bricks in construction.

Well, I find it hard to maintain a constant temperature in a brick veneer house. It gets cold and very cold at my new place. The temperature drops to 12-13 C inside the house in the morning. At my old place I would be surprise if the temperature goes below 16 C if no heater is on, with a little bit heating I can maintain the temperature inside at 20 C

If you hate feeling cold, a brick veneer house is not where you would like to live in.
I don’t know yet how it will feel like inside the house on a 40 C summer day.

4 comments:

Hammy said...

At least 40 degrees without cooling. What have you got in the ceiling in the way of insulation?

Ben said...

Fibre glass, you should come for a visit.

Hammy said...

You should name and shame the shyster of a real estate agent.

I'm free on Sunday morning but have a luncheon appointment that day. Drop me an email.

Anonymous said...

You will have to install a slow combustion or gas heater for next winter. Can you buy wood over there? If so, how much a tonne?