Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Saturday lunch, improvised curtains, car service, attachment

It was great to have Hammy for lunch on Saturday. We had curry, and I know the curry will taste different to Hammy, but for me this is how curry ought to taste because I grew up have curry tasting like that.

I was also impressed how a tidy teddy bear in a tin box could my 4-year-old daughter, Sophie, so happy. She is taking it everywhere she goes. She even hid it somewhere and took it to school with her.

We have improvised some curtains with blankets, and this works well. It takes less time to feel comfortable when we put the heater on.

Yesterday, I lost half a day of work because the kindy school teacher called me around 11:00 to come pick Sophie because she has runny nose. She had no runny nose in the morning, and I did not see any runny nose in the afternoon. I am wondering if it is that little amount of toothpaste on her shirt that made the teacher thinks it is something else.

Any way, I use the afternoon for having my car serviced. The car runs a bit better now. I spent an afternoon with my daughter.

I also feel that my 1 and half year old daughter is developing some attachment to me these days. She used to cling to her mummy all the time, especially at night times. Now she seems to feel ok being with me, which allows time for my wife to do her studies.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

I'm eating Japanese curry and kimchee as I type this. Yum. Hot.